small package memory, 1MB+

I'm trying to find 1MB+ memory with 8 pins (cheap) I have suggestions but the parts are flash/eeprom technology. I haven't delt with memory ICs in years but it used to be that flash/eeprom had writing limits; number of times and speed. I see the speed issue has been put to bed. What about write cycles? Do they now write forever too? I see some that mention cycle life but many have no mention of it.

If writing is still limited, then I need a suggestion for a small memory part that will be written to almost continuously (audio sampling).

Thank you.

Reply to
ronaldpeters58_junk

No, they don't.

I would avoid doing more than 10K cycles.

DRAM.

Reply to
linnix

??? I can't recall seeing a flash or eeprom datasheet without a limit to the number of write/erase cycles. 100k cycles is normal these days.

In that case FRAM or MRAM is the way to go.

--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel