UC3843 with external capacitor cut for 1700Hz switching. Not hard to do.

piglet

Re: slow (!!) controller for buck for IGBT

Same here. I used one for current-controlled switching at 100Hz. Works.
Can be sync'd. Though these are from the days when electricity was
"free" and just came out of the wall outlet. So a little amplification
is necessary to reduce the 1V current shunt drop.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Re: slow (!!) controller for buck for IGBT
There's always TL494 and whatnot.  They're not going away any time soon.

/Do/ take the time to willfully ignore the applications in the datasheet
that show voltage mode control -- this isn't the 70s, we can afford better.

You can do current-mode control, average mode being the easiest.  Use an
external op-amp, or op-reference so to speak (TL431 etc.), to regulate
voltage.  Use that to control current, and regulate current with a shunt
resistor or current sensor, and an internal op-amp (just strap the other
internal amp to a disabled state).

I suppose you'll want a bootstrap or isolated gate driver, for whatever
voltage range you're doing.  They're out there, no problem, just go
shopping.

There are also IGBT integrated modules with all the outputs you need for,
say, buck or motor control, and gate drivers (though you may need to add
DC-DC supplies for them).  They're usually on the slow side, but that's fine
for your application.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC