Slightly OT: Wine fridge temperature hysteresis?

The hysteresis might have been set to take into account the nature of the cooling radiator in much the same way the mechanics of the bimetal sensor set the hysteresis.

My point is that the hysteresis was in part negated by the position of the sensor, which as you say is next to the heat exchanger.

Sorry, but hysteresis is hysteresis, whether through a mechanical switch or electronic means. I accept if you have access to the code then obviously you can make an equivalent of an 'accelerator heater' and save a component.

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd

However, the hysteresis was still huge when I test ran it in cooling mode and the cycle times were very long. It just does not make sense.

Well, for the heating situation I'd have to make an "accelerator cooler" and that is no small feat. Would require a peltier which dissipates to some other farther away part in the fridge. Plus power.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

no, you just set up the small heater next to the sensor such that the heater is ON when the cooler is OFF.

You can then easily adjust the system hysteresis.

Also the term used is "anticipator"

mark

Reply to
makolber

which is simply a small resistor ACROSS the contacts

Reply to
makolber

There are no contacts here, it's all electronic. I could place a small heater resistor near the sensor. Except then the temperature display will be off but I could probably arrive at a cheat sheet for that. More cables though.