SLA charger

What would be a good multi-stage charger for 12-15Ah 24v SLAs? I'm in UK. Thanks.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

SLAs are similar enough to flooded batteries that any good lead-acid charger should work fine.

Reply to
krw

Google "Mean Well" I assume they offer worldwide distribution.

Reply to
mpm

I've googled em, and they just don't provide enough information.

for example. Does it have temperature compensation? Who knows. I don't understand suppliers that just fail to provide the relevant info when retailing.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Informative, though their charger is little use. Input 9-36v dc, max 7Ah for some reason.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Thanks.

I've been looking again at this one, it never got solved.

Meanwell: the only possible contender is

but the charge & float voltages are too high for SLAs, so I think it's no g o.

I thought I'd look on ebay & amazon... mixed results, the main question bei ng completely unknown quality from unknown chinese/hk sellers

ws are all in Chinglish! I smell a fairly large rodent.

=AR43LS1X3DZXK

This looks more interesting:

4v+stage+battery+charger 4 stage charging plus 'pulse auto revive.' No idea if that approach works m uch, if it does I have a deadun as well I could try it on. quote... stopped automatic when charge full,pulse auto revive and maintenance batter

cuts out at 105C! This product is applicable to the 12V/24V 200 AH lead acid battery ,includ ing GEL,UPS,wet battery and maintenance-free battery.Advanced pulse width m odulation (PWM) technology is used to automatically charge batteries throug h a 4-stage charging cycle Notice:The 12V input when automatic charging mode,Full electric voltage of

13.8V to 14.3V,about 16V input when manual charging mode,must be artificial monitoring in case of overcharge if manual mode charging,suggest stop char ging when the battery beating.

The V, I & % meter would also be a welcome plus, at least if reasonably fun ctional. MBTF is anyone's guess.

Any more ideas or feedback welcome

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr