Single phase pulse to quadrature encoder circuit ?

Hello

I have a single phase pulse that I need to feed into a quadrature encoder interface.

Am looking for ideas on a circuit topology that would accomplish this?

Thanks

Reply to
James Murphy

Still no good at ascii art, so:

2 D types, D1 and D2. Clock both from input pulse. Q of D1 to D D2. Qbar of D2 to D of D1. Strap sets and resets to inactive state.

Job done.

If you want to be able to reverse it, interpose an XOR in each of the D inputs, the original signal into one input, and forward/ reverse switch into the other.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

A stepper motor control chip in the full step mode.

Mark Zenier snipped-for-privacy@eskimo.com Googleproofaddress(account:mzenier provider:eskimo domain:com)

Reply to
Mark Zenier