Single Ended Push Pull Revisited, This One WILL Work No Matter What

Wee've been through alot on thins. I wanted a four quadrant device, but the y are too slow. then the idea of back to back SCRs came up and that is a fi ne idea, really. It is.

I had alreasdy thought of one SCR, with a bridge rectifier, and maybe a res istor and a coil across the SCR to assure turnoff. I abandoned that for rea sons that are even obvious to this hack. The four quadrant thing has been h ashed out, but there is one thing that hasn't - why a thrysistor ? Of any k ind. Isn't an SCR a thrysistor ? Wahtever, not care too much about that spe cific definition but those de oces that stay on until you force them off wi th external forces or soehting like that, what is the allure ?

Observe circuit :

OK, there was a mod,m like real quick and I didn't want to do the whole thi ng again but you see the X, and from "drive" it goes to the collector. Orig inally I was thinking maybe of a driver transformer, but that transistor re quires drive in ONE polarity, which means when the gooing gets tough it wil l get too tough. If the base current is not enough what happens ? Warranty claims. Fuck all that.

So the X cuts the common to the emitter and goes now to the collector. I fi gure the only way will be to use an opto, and I will jjust have to figure o ut a way to get up enough head voltage to keep the bitch satisturated. I ca n do it.

BTW, satisturated is not misspelled.

So now I am going to have a problem probably with the capacitance from the one side of an opto to the other. And BTW, how fast are those things ? Fuku m if they cannot do it, fiberoptic compononents will. I'll just have to loo k them up.

anyway, people wanted to talk about it using thrysistor, which brings on al l kinds of fun. Now, it is simple. Is this worth persuing ?

It will need shielding I think. No more than a PC motherboard though, no bi g thing.

Protection is a problem. A shortd output device would just fry the supply, aking it a throwaway item. I do not want to build throwaway items. I want m y items to last.

So all we did was relieve the designer of the drive circuit (me) from havin g to pay so much attention to the turnoff of the output(s) of a class D# am p if you really think about it. It really is not that much.

But as far as I know it has not been done. Wanna do it ?

Reply to
jurb6006