Simple PIR unit for experimental use

Anyone know of either an inexpensive cased PIR unit or an uncased board that will give me easy access to its detection signal please, ideally UK supplied?

Although I have several possible uses in mind, the first project will trigger an audible alarm (chime) in a couple of places indoors when someone approaches the front door. Day as well as night. The commercial devices I've found will need their photocells removed or obscured. The most important requirement is for easy access to an output for interfacing with my own circuitry. Last time I opened up a PIR operating a garden security lamp I probably gave up too soon, but I do recall it wasn't obvious.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Reply to
Terry Pinnell

Get a PIR that is targeted to alarm systems rather than one that is targeted to garden security lamps. They are widely available.

Reply to
Rob

Try search PIR arduino on ebay... delo

"Terry Pinnell" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...