Silicon crystal new 1 kg reference

Si rules ;-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Fri, 27 Mar 2015 09:05:06 GMT) it happened Jan Panteltje wrote in :

Better more recent link:

Jan Panteltje

The phys.org/news talked about the unexpected heavy metal enrichment of the sphere surface by the polishing process. EE Times simplified that away ... it's not better, but rather dumbed down a bit, though still worth reading.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Phys.org also mentions the Australian lab - that's my wife's workplace. That crystal ball is just a few km from here :)

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Don't miss the opportunity to gaze into it, though there's probably a long queue of Liberal politicians lined up already.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Gaze? He should pick it up and give it a rub - if only to watch the 'keepers of the standard' pass out

Reply to
David Eather

Hardly. They seem to have no use for insight of any kind.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

ong queue of Liberal politicians lined up already.

I wouldn't say that. They have a clear vision of the future of Australia as becoming as much like the US as possible, so they they end up collecting U S-sized back-handers. Any other kind of insight is superfluous.

They've missed the point that Australia is a lot smaller than the US, and w hat barely works for the US is going to work a whole lot less well for Aust ralia.

I'm just reading Andrew Scott's "Northern Lights" - ISBN 978-1-921867-92-7

- who looks to Scandinavia for a more appropriate role model.

It's just charmed me by quoting a female economist whom I once took out - a nd still think highly of - though my personal opinion is that Germany would be an even better exemplar. Any place run by female with a Ph.D. in quantu m chemistry has got to be doing quite a lot right.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to