Servo motor chip

I need to drive a linear motor. The characteristics are the same as a brushless DC servo motor. Does anyone do a chip that can do this? Also something to handle position feedback loop would be a big bonus.

The need is to drive to about 400W, but I can stick on some cheap amps for that later.

What I do not want is an expensive board since we will be using our own design.

--
Dirk

The Consensus:-
http://www.theconsensus.org