Series stacking Supercapacitors

I see the only limitation to stacking these things is having a some type of protective shunt across each cap in the string for overvoltage. Any elegant soultions out there? The alternative is to go with one of the prefab Maxwell assemblies, were looking for high voltage at least 100volts.

Martin Riddle

I commented on that a few months ago. The IvsV curve is nonlinear enough that they seem to be self-equalizing in a series string.

You could add zeners, a tad above rated voltage, if you are concerned about too much voltage during charge-up. I wouldn't.

lunatic fringe electronics

Ah, I remember now. Thanks I'll take it into consideration.

Reply to
Martin Riddle