Series of matching keyed .1" connectors with IDC, crimp housing, and board mount options for both sexes?

Hi - I'm looking for something that I thought would be very easy to find - but is turning out to be fairly challenging. I need a number of keyed 2x8 .1" pitch connectors. I need both male and female board mount connectors, ideally in both vertical and right angle varieties. I also need a mating crimp housing, ideally female, but male would work too. Lastly, I need both male and female IDC connectors that mate with all of these. I can't find a single series of connectors that has all of these mating options available. As an example of what I'm talking about, this would be an ideal board mount connector:

Eject levers are not necessary, but they would certainly be nice.

Does such a line of connectors exist? I looked through my Digi-Key catalog and couldn't find such a line that had all of these options (keyed female board mount connectors seemed to be the hardest to find, though male IDC connectors also were uncommon)

Thanks!

-Mike

Reply to
Mike Noone

There used to be pages and pages of these things - you could get those headers, and IDC "female plugs" from about 4 pins up to about 50 or so.

I don't know if they've disappeared, but a search on "IDC connector" might turn up something - ah, what the heck:

Yeah - lots of good stuff!

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

You can key the female part by inserting a pin in one of the holes. This removes the restriction of having a keyed male part. You would have to add 2 extra pins to do this.

Reply to
martin.shoebridge

I imagine the decline in popularity has been largely due to the miniaturization of high volume (consumer) electronics. *Desktop* PC motherboards seem to be any exception -- lots of "two by" headers on there (although PATA is rapidly dying in favor of SATA).

2mm is a nice replacement, but it's never achieved the popularity of 0.1" spacing (nor do I imagine it ever will).
Reply to
Joel Kolstad

Unfortunately - this is for an existing board - so that isn't an option.

Reply to
Mike Noone