Senior VoltOhmyst

It seems to be just a volt/ohm meter, literally, with no current function, but from where does the name Senior VoltOhmyst derive?

Tom Del Rosso

Just a name RCA made up.

Thing is, now that I think of it I have never seen a Junior Voltohmist.

Reply to
jurb6006

One added benefit if I remember correctly, the VoltOhmyst will measure AC voltage accurately to a little over 3 MHz.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

The featured transformer with the same name,of course...

Reply to
Robert Baer

Googling VoltOhmyst transformer comes up with nothing but the transformaer that is inside the thing. You mean it's named after its own transformer? I would have expected it to be the other way around.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

--

Rick C
Reply to

Everyone has it wrong... it's to distinguish it from the JUNIOR VoltOhmyst >:-} ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

** No joke, that WAS the reason and there was also the "Master Voltohmyst" too - but that used BJTs.

See manual for the "Junior" model.

The "Senior" model was manufactured up till at least 1985.

Proir to either was the 1939 " Rider Voltohmyst " - designed by John F. Rider.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Well I'll be damned.

Actually I already was anyway.

Reply to
jurb6006

I only meant to point out Google stupidity, a transformer cannot be a VoltOhmyst.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Senhor..

Reply to
Robert Baer

Before everyone laughs or pounces on Jim, he may have a very valid point.. A simple search finds the RCA Junior VoltOhmyst No. 165 Vacuum Tube Voltmeter.

I expected as much the instant i read his response.

Reply to
Robert Baer