Sendin impuls --> relay --> schematics suggestion

Hi.

I need to send one impulse that should simulate button press of some device. I can use 12V power supply for this electronics.

The idea was to use 12 relay and NE555 to make this work. So this should work something like this:

-- plug the 12 power supply

-- wait 5 minutes

-- trigger relay for one second

-- repeat all the time

Suggestions for schematics ?

GM

Reply to
gm

Years ago John Fields posted a schematic for a one-second-per-hour pulse generator, based on a 1Hz clock into a CD4040 divider with some gates and a type-D flip flop, see AoE III, page 467.

With those parts and different gate arrangements, you can create many types of 1-second pulsing. You'll be selecting for 5*60-1 = 299 clocks.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

An 0.8-Hz pulser going into a divide-by-256 counter with a terminal count (carry) output will get there with no state decoding required. Something like a CD40103 ought to work OK, assuming that a 1.2 s pulse is okay.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

5 minutes is on the edge of the usble range of the 555. also 555 start-up has the first period about 20% longer than subsequent periods,

I'd be looking at the CD4060 instead. wire the divide by 256 output to reset and to the transistor that drives the relay. put a capacitor parallel with the relay the relay pulses will be about 1.2 seconds long with the R-C adjusted for 300/256s, (or seped the RC up to 300/512 and use the divide by 512 to get 0.6s pulses, you could possibly add a capacitor parallel with the relay to stretch that a bit..

Jasen Betts

Why build hardware when you can buy off the shelf easily? Arduino and other MCUs are available with any manner of I/O which will drive a relay. Programming is all but idiot simple. I recommend using Forth. You can learn to program in it in an hour and be very effective.

comp.lang.forth

Never be constrained by the limitations of analog again.

--

Rick C
Reply to

Buy it from Ebay for ~$5.00. For example:

"DC 12v 24v LED Display Cycle Delay Timing Timer Relay Switch Turn ON/OFF Module"

Search "delay timer" in Ebay for other versions, but I think the one above can do exactly what you want.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr