semicolons in LT Spice

LT Spice XVII is in my opinion a little weird about the simulation command pull-down menus. So people wind up editing sim command lines to insert and delete semicolons to enable various sims. I switch other kinds of Spice directives on and off by right-clicking and changing the line from "spice directive" to "comment", which is easier than editing semicolons.

I emailed Mike Engelhardt about that and he pointed out that you can switch a sim directive line to/from a comment line using ctrl/rightclick. I didn't know that.

Ctrl/rightclick works for all the comment/directive cases.

 Click to see the full signature

One of the biggest problems with LTSpice is the lack of useful information available about it. There are tons of web pages and videos about using it, but they mostly cover the same info and not in entirely useful ways. LTSp ice has a steep learning curve and an ugly user interface. If you think sc hematics and Teslas are ugly, I can't believe you would ever touch LTSpice.

Rick C.

Reply to
gnuarm.deletethisbit

Ditto.

--
Boris
Reply to

Do I have to give all the money back?

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

ion available about it. There are tons of web pages and videos about using it, but they mostly cover the same info and not in entirely useful ways. LTSpice has a steep learning curve and an ugly user interface. If you thin k schematics and Teslas are ugly, I can't believe you would ever touch LTSp ice.

lol. Yes! And do a lot of whining in the process!

Reply to
Simon S Aysdie

Really, LT Spice has been very good to us. I found it easy to learn and it makes schematics and graphs that are good enough to put into manuals.

A lot of my customers, as in BIG ones, use LT Spice too. It's convenient to swap .asc files.

All my recent hires used it in college so are already up to speed; they often are better at it than I am.

The HELP is mediocre, but you can google tons of stuff. Mike answers my emails, usually same day.

I've used several other simulators, some of them expensive. LT is the best.

 Click to see the full signature

+1. No complaints here! Mike and his team at Linear did us a great service by making this available for free. Pity there are always some people you can never please.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I switched from an old free version pspice 9.1 student or something to LTspice after I graduated 10 years ago and haven't looked back. It seems ubiquitous with new college grads up in Oregon which is great.

Reply to
Marke