Semi OT: Battery leakage

So this guy is selling a rare vintage synthesizer:

He says that there was battery leakage and took it to his tech, who looked at it and removed the batteries. Then he claims that he "doesn't know what the extent of the damage is".

I'm guessing that's a lie - I'd guess that the leaking batteries corroded the traces and that the synth has become unrepairable...:-(

Reply to
bitrex

On Sat, 8 Aug 2015 13:25:11 -0400, bitrex Gave us:

Not worth that price new. Hardly worth that price now.

Offer him $50

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

It was pretty nice when it was new, IMO. It still sounds pretty nice today:

Unfortunately, these days, any keyboard instrument that you can slap the adjective "analog" on goes for big money. Even broken crap.

Reply to
bitrex

So don't buy it then.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

On Sat, 8 Aug 2015 13:47:32 -0400, bitrex Gave us:

If it doesn't have velocity sensitive keys, it ain't worth a shit. Some, even if they do, it was done very poorly.