Seeking a DTMF tone detector IC

I am searching for a DTMF decoder chip.

The 8870 was the device of choice, but that kind of gives away my age, as it is obsolete.

icmaster.com sends me off looking for several:

TSC75T204 TDK CD22204 Intersil

and a couple others I cannot recall, and each manufacturers website comes up with nothing on a search. I am a contract designer, and new to the area, so I don't have a lot of sales contacts yet to help push this chase down the road. Digikey, Mouser, et al don't seem to have any DTMF chips.

Does anyone have knowledge or suggestions for a DTMF tone detector IC that is actually available?

Much obliged for an help.

John

Reply to
uvcceet

Now that's depressing ... that is the first one I thought of also !! ;-)

mikey

Reply to
Mike Fields

--
http://products.zarlink.com/product_tree/1800/1040/1670/1680/index.htm#1680
Reply to

I've got a few of the Motorola decoder chips around here.Found them when I went looking for a DS1287. Also found 2102 AND 5102 RAM chips as well as a whack of other 'oddball' items. Jay in Ontario

Reply to
j.b. miller

Generation and Recognition of DTMF Signals With the Microcontroller MSP430

snipped-for-privacy@juno.com wrote:

Reply to
Rob Gaddi

I did a project in 2001 that used chips I got from Teltone, however I just went to their site for you and it looks like they no longer sell chips.

Sorry, I tried

Rocky

Reply to
Rolavine

Very much obliged to everyone who took the time to point me towards sources of DTMF tone detectors.

I am happy to have found a source for the venerable 8870, but am somewhat miffed at all the vendors and web sites that declared it dead and gone. icmaster.com does not even have it in its archives.

I haven't used the eem/icmaster web site much. Is it that unreliable? I used to use their catalogs all the time, and even was thrilled when it went to CD, pre-www.

Digikey, mouser, newark, etc, all have no reference to any decoders, so it was nice to find so many folks who know so much and could help me out.

I need the source for a client's project, but I thank all those who offered a few, and dozens, if I needed them.

Once you get past the politics, there is still a lot of good help and advice to be had. :-)

Thanks a lot,

John

Reply to
uvcceet

I have several of the 8870 chips in storage. Don't know how many until I dig them up, but there should be 50-100 of them. If you're interested, email me and I'll dig them out.

Len

snipped-for-privacy@juno.com wrote in news:41e839e1$2$woehfu$ snipped-for-privacy@news.aros.net:

Reply to
Len

You could try the LM567 tone decoder chip - if I remember correctly you'll probably need to use several of these if you need to decode multiple tones.

Oz-Rod

Reply to
Rodney Josey

Zarlink appears to be still supplying these ICs.

Good luck.

John

Reply to
John Smith

I read in sci.electronics.design that snipped-for-privacy@juno.com wrote (in ) about 'Found a DTMF tone detector IC', on Sat, 15 Jan 2005:

If you mean the political discussions here on s.e.d., a lot of that is because we don't have enough interesting electronics problems brought to us. I was very surprised at the volume of the thread on speech compression.

John Woodgate

probably need to use

NE567 would have been my suggestion too. I used them to decode touchtones a-way back in the 70's, per the Signetics databook .... which I still have ... and sometimes even use. :-)

Reply to
Michael

Found another decoder chip for you - MC145436

Here in good ole AUS -

- have them for A$7.50.

Rodney Josey

I've got those Moto parts here,just pay for the postage and handling from Hamilton,Ontario. I gota clean out the shop pretty soon.......ugh, I'm drowning in the 'neat old stuff'

Jay

Reply to
j.b. miller