SEC Consult SA-20181130-0 :: Multiple Vulnerabilities in Siglent Technologies SDS 1202X-E Digital Oscilloscope

Just got a news flash on this:

Apperantly it uses Telnet for the network connections, Easy root access to anyone.

Reply to
Jim Whitby

fredag den 30. november 2018 kl. 22.34.11 UTC+1 skrev Jim Whitby:

anyone on the local network so is it really an issue?

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Depends on how well the "local" network is firewalled.

Are there possibly uh... strange people on your local net?

Reply to
Jim Whitby

We run our test gear on a local network, with its own PC ethernet card and maybe a hub, not connected to our company network or to the world. Sometimes USB.

They should not have hazards like that, but it wouldn't be a big deal to us. Somebody inside our test department isn't going to hack a scope, or hit it with a hammer.

Our giant LeCroy scope runs Windows 7, brousers and all.

 Click to see the full signature

I doubt your lecroy has a telnet server running it. Telnet server the biggest security hole in *any* network.

Reply to
Jim Whitby

Sounds like a great reason to use a headless scope over USB 3.0 to a PC. Heck, better yet to ditch Windows and use Linux.

There's a company that makes a good, inexpensive 32 channel logic analyzer this way. But they still don't support Linux, otherwise I would have bought one a long time ago.

Rick C.

Tesla referral code -

gnuarm.deletethisbit

ess

Heck, better yet to ditch Windows and use Linux.

r this way. But they still don't support Linux, otherwise I would have bou ght one a long time ago.

quite a few supported by sigrok,

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Why? I haven't used a logic analyzer in, um, 30 years.

Reply to
krw