SCOTUS Stomps...

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | "Those [of us] who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night" -Edgar Allan Poe

President Trump just keeps winning. Like he said he would. Libs heads keep exploding.

Reply to
tom

What are you people, some kind of morons? The Supreme Court dismissed the c ases because the term of the ban expired. LOL- that is hardly a victory for anyone. And then "Federal courts are only empowered to hear ongoing contro versies where their action can affect an outcome. When the controversy conc ludes and renders further court action irrelevant, the case is considered m oot and is thereafter dismissed." So they didn't begin to consider any aspe ct of the case.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

It's a calculated victory, lawyers put the finishing touches on the EO's

Martin Riddle

tom wrote on 10/24/2017 6:08 PM:

Trump keeps winning? "the expiration of a 120-day ban on refugee resettlement ended the controversy." The executive order expired before it was ruled on so that it was never able to be enforced. How the hell is that winning? It's like playing a game and winning the season only for your win to be contested and your trophy not awarded to you. Then at the start of the next season they say, "No point in dealing with this now, we'll see how wins in the new season."

I guess Trump won over health care too?

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998
Reply to
rickman

e cases because the term of the ban expired. LOL- that is hardly a victory for anyone. And then "Federal courts are only empowered to hear ongoing con troversies where their action can affect an outcome. When the controversy c oncludes and renders further court action irrelevant, the case is considere d moot and is thereafter dismissed." So they didn't begin to consider any a spect of the case.

Of course it is a "calculated victory". Trump got to appear to be throwing his weight about, and got his regular maintenance dose of column inches, wi thout actually breaking anything.

The best thing about Trump is that he is ineffectual.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

bloggs, bitrex, slowman... aka, The 3 Stooges of S.E.D, have no clue about the ancillary legal ramifications.

Their positive contributions to S.E.D... ZERO. Killfile them. ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

he cases because the term of the ban expired. LOL- that is hardly a victory for anyone. And then "Federal courts are only empowered to hear ongoing co ntroversies where their action can affect an outcome. When the controversy concludes and renders further court action irrelevant, the case is consider ed moot and is thereafter dismissed." So they didn't begin to consider any aspect of the case.

Which presumably are non-existent, or Jim Thompson would have posted a long exposition of those ramification ... just joking.

Jim Thompson, Cursitor Doom and krw - the Three Stooges of s.e.d. Check out all their posts - it's obvious slap-stick comedy but it's traditionally po pular for a reason. And you can't expect originality or coherence from righ t-wing numbskulls.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

he cases because the term of the ban expired. LOL- that is hardly a victory for anyone. And then "Federal courts are only empowered to hear ongoing co ntroversies where their action can affect an outcome. When the controversy concludes and renders further court action irrelevant, the case is consider ed moot and is thereafter dismissed." So they didn't begin to consider any aspect of the case.

A positive contribution of zero is still superior to a net negative contrib ution as is the case with you.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred