sci.electrocins.design

This group should be renamed. My proposal is:

amateurs.hyde.park

Reply to
stchebel

How about sci.cranky.lurkers ?

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing laser drivers and controllers

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com

Just ban all gmail/google posting >:-} ...Jim Thompson

The people who contribute the least are the ones who complain that the content doesn't meet their elevated standards.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Indeed! Maybe I should collect some data, but it does seem to me that virtually all of the complaints come from non-contributors. ...Jim Thompson

Or else just put that effort into posting some electronics. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I must say that this thread should be making a lot of folks laugh their asses off.

We have: The retard who made the original, abject stupidity laced post, with all the reverence and intelligence of that displayed by Hillary Clinton of late. Did ANY of her recipients EVER make ANY noise about receiving emails from her sent from a non-secured server?

The retards who gave the OP' post credence by responding to the punk as if he had any. I say INcredible.

Then, all the folks bringing out their little rulers to make measurements and declarations of said measurements as if they even knew what the criterion was, much less the title the purveyor carries.

Just when you thought you'd seen it all.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Nah, then I wouldn't be able to post from my phone.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Sure you would. You just wouldn't be able to read as many, and those as well.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I respond primarily to questions, since most all of my projects are bound by NDA's, so I can't just run around shouting, "Look at this break-through" ;-)

Thus I do post a fair amount to the LTspice List, since there's always questions there. ...Jim Thompson

Phones are for talking or texting ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Phones are for talking. I went into the Verizon store and made them turn off webbing, call waiting, voice messaging, texting, everything but POTS. At first they didn't believe me.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I did the same, except I kept texting, which I use mostly to send myself reminders. ...Jim Thompson

Den fredag den 6. marts 2015 kl. 19.08.05 UTC+1 skrev John Larkin:

I understand them, what would be the point? just ignoring the features you don't want to use wouldn't give you the chance to complain about them?

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

They charge for web access, and other things that I don't want. I also don't want it beeping and flashing over stuff I'm not interested in.

THEIR point is that they want the money for grossly overpriced junk.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Nah. I'm not always that easy to find in person, and I hate doing substantive business stuff over the phone because people remember things differently, which causes misunderstandings.

If I have to circulate an email afterwards to memorialize what we discussed, I'd rather just do the email.

Also my phone has much better data security than my Windows boxes, so I do my banking on that or my Linux desk box.

So being able to do email and Web on my phone helps me a lot. I can even post to SED from the smallest room at the lab. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

(from my BlackBerry Classic phone)

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

You've never posted here before. Why should anyone care what you think?

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Alien8752

Aw, give the guy a break -- he posted to the wrong group.

I think he was looking for that new SCIentology group that is concerned with ELECTRONIC SINS and their DESIGN. I think they're based in HYDE PARK or somesuch...

Reply to
Don Y

You do get a lot sniping from that crowd. To be fair to them, your content tends to be remarkably bad - mostly links to denialist propaganda in the Murdoch media.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I would be willing to bet that if we counted your on topic posts and subtracted your off topic posts, you would be a net negative contributor. What do you think?

--

Rick
Reply to