schematic power supply 0-150 VDC

I need a schematic diagram for variable regulated power supply 0-150 VDC and 2A thanks,

Reply to
Shahram

Have Fun! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Some values are left as TBD. If you like the idea, I'll help you work out the values.

I'll break it into 3 parts.

Part 1: You need some small fixed voltage supply to runt the control electronics from. This is just a bridge and a transformer. The only special requirements are that it makes enough 5V as Vcc to run the electronics and has a connection to the transformer secondary brought out as a signal I'll call "CROSS"

You will also need on/off switches and a pot to set the voltage with. The POT can simply use the Vcc as a reference.

Part 2 the controller ascii art:

Vcc Vcc ! Vcc ! O 1N5304 ! ----- --- ----- ---!THR ! 10K ! ! ! ! ! Q!--/\\/\\--!!--A Cross -/\\/\\--+-+-------------! !----+---!TRG ! ! FB-----! ! ----- CMOS-555 O POT----! ! ! --- 1N5304 ----- PIC GND ! ! GND GND

Part 3 the power section:

220VAC ------------------------- ! V SCR --- / ! 10R A----- --- +-----/\\/\\--------+-----+---- Vout )!!( ! ! ! )!!( ! --- \\ GND--- ------- --- / ! \\ GND ! +-- Vfb ! \\ / \\ ! GND
kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

a small boost regulator based on the IR1150 chip to get you a bus voltage in the 200-300 volt range, followed by a small adjustable buck to give your target output with current limiting -- you are looking at a couple of chips, a coupla big MOSFETs, a few resistors and capacitors, and a couple of inductors that may have to be hand wound :) (no different in essence than the 200v 40amp boost-buck design that I'm working on right now, except you want voltage mode regulaton. I run my bus at 400 volts, and use multiple boosts and bucks to share the load :)

International rectifier has a designer for the boost converter on their website that will hand you the schematics on a platter along with all the component values

then all you need to do is design the buck -- which should be fairly easy with all the online resources for buck converters.

Reply to
John Barrett

A Variac, a bridge rectifier and some big capacitors? And maybe an insulation transformer!

Wim

Reply to
Wim Ton