Saying goodbye to protoboard

Nice work, I tried doing that a few times back in the late 1990s when I first started attempting to build my own circuits, never had much success and got turned off it. Maybe I should take another stab at it now that there are better Internet tutorials available and such

Reply to
bitrex

Except for the fact that you don't know shit, and especially do you not know anything about me.

I have been working in the electronics industry since before the PC ushered in.

I was probably grapphing data plots on Lotus 123 long before you were.

Reply to
Long Hair

"The Digital Age" came top pass for many folks in many of the niche industries of the electronics industry, and you... you likely do not even know when it started, so your own little "I was there at the time" is pretty lame, because we were all 'there at the time'.

I am going to go with General Motors and their Hydra-Matic transmission lines. They were there very early on and pioneered a lot of what we still use today.

Cincinnati Milacron as well.

That is as it relates to digital adaptations in the mechanial realm.

As for radio and other such electronics realms, it was even earlier than that.

You probably were not even a kitten yet at that time. Yet you claim you were "right there when *it* happened".

I am not too sure that you even know when the true *it* point was.

Reply to
Long Hair

I initially did it in the 80ies, gave up because layout was tedious, but kept the equipment. I restarted in the late 90ies as soon as i had a layout program ( Eagle ) and a laser printer. Thats one of the single layer PCBs i made this weekend:

Its actually several boards. Left is something purely mechanical, middle are 3 pogo pin adapters, right is a simple circuit. Ordering low-tech, large boards from external suppliers would be expensive.

MfG JRD

Reply to
Rafael Deliano

welcome to the idiot filter. Life's too short.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Yes, idiot... adjust your filter. You idiots take so long figuring out reality, I guess life is too short for you no matter what you do.

Nice job of FAILING to debate the issue or even declare when you were doing it. All you did is say some lame shit about "being there".

An intelligent person would have said what they were working on that was analog, then became digital.

You? Naw... you cry and run, mumbling something about how shourt your pathetic life is. Like I care to discuss anything with you. Yes, idiot... adjust your filters.

Reply to
Long Hair