Sanity check - transistor id

A monitor back light supply has a bjt with the marking: C5706. Mouser has an ON bjt, number 2SC5706. Can I assume that they're the same?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

C5706 == 2sc5706, yes.

--
Cheers,
James Arthur

Yes.

It's common practice (has been for years), to drop the "2S" part on small devices.

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

There are other series where they do the same thing.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

ser

ll

Right, like "D" = 2SDxxx. K = 2SKxxx, I think. (Don't remember how they handled 3SKxxx).

--
Cheers,
James Arthur

KEC parts are common (Korean Electronic Components or something), which are KT-. Example: I've pulled some "C3206" from monitors before; these are:

and so on. I don't know if all KEC parts are in funny packages, but this "TO-92L" at least is distinctive. If the 2S part doesn't turn up, or just doesn't look right, give this a try.

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.
Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com