Russian Doomsday Torpedo (2023 Update)

"The only possible U.S. targets are large port cities," says Mark Schneider , a senior analyst with the National Institute for Public Policy, wrote in an e-mail. "The detonation of Status-6 in any of them would essentially wip e out their population into the far suburbs."

What could go wrong...

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Rube Goldberg machine, can't do anything a single heavy ICBM can't do loaded up with a bunch of decoys and a half dozen large MIRV warheads. Even at depth it's a sitting duck compared to a fleet of warheads with a flight time of ~30 minutes coming in at Mach 20.

Roaming for years underwater just means everybody will become expert at tracking its every move via passive sonar networks and shadowing it constantly, a road mobile TEL is way more concealable and survivable. No crew on board? Excellent, one aggressive move and to the bottom it goes. They gonna start WWIII over a sunk robot? It was an accident sorry we'll send u a check

Reply to
bitrex

The American anti-semitism is, however, just as great. "The international jew"

was produced right in America.

Reply to
Judges1318

If by "not as well fed" you mean "not so fat", then, yes, it is so.

But, sorry, mate, them bloody Rooshans are well educated. Trust me, there only two countries where you can do top class science without knowing a word of English (or any other non-national language): Russia, and Japan. Though, Japan has been sliding back slowly.

Judges1318

I was thinking "not well fed" in the Scottish style, where fresh vegetables are hard to come by, and many Scots have never acquired the taste for them .

Some of them Russians are well educated. The science faculty at Nijmegen Un iversity was full of Russian graduate students when I was in the faculty wo rkshop in the 1990's, and I had to write user notes in English because they didn't read Dutch.

The mathematician's biographies that come out of Russia, and some of the Ru ssian expatriates I knew, did emphasise that getting into a good Russian un iversity required a lot of talent and usually pretty good political connect ions. There weren't that any of them, and they could pick and choose (or ex tort large bribes)

The US has some 2000 tertiary education institutions, and while quite a few of them are decidedly mediocre - John Larkin doesn't seem to have got as m uch as he should have out of Tulane - they do mean that many more Americans do get the benefit of some kind of tertiary educations. Germany does even better, though a lot of their tertiary qualifications are trade certificate s (which is perfectly sensible, if not all that glamorous).

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Is this the same crap you were peddling about North Korean doomsday torps not long ago??

You haven't heard of SOSUS or torpedo nets then? Or even thought about this before have you?

SOSUS will hear them if they are tried as a first strike weapon and put everything on alert, so a total failure at that. Or as a general combat weapon torpedo nets will blunt their effectiveness while immediately escalating a conflict to a full nuclear one. So also total failure.

i.e. the Only reason to target a US port is to stop US heavy lift capability to Europe or South Korea. US keeps enough Boomers at sea to destroy any country and enough carriers are at sea to perform their missions also. But unleashing a nuke onto US soil means an immediate escalation to a nuclear war. The US might hold back on the use of nuclear weapons if it is 'only' South Korea or Europe getting nuked - but set one off on America and all the gloves come off.

Please stop short stroking at every crap thought you have.

--
I look forward to the day when a chicken can cross the road without having
its motives questioned.

There seems like a conflict of interest there.

Jasen Betts

The curse of their climate. It is too cold for tomatoes and capsicums and lettuces, in, probably, 90% of Russia. And for many other vegetables, though, apparently, beets and cabbages are available. The chinamen have recently started building greenhouses in Siberia, the famous chinese market gardeners, but, yes, there is a shortage of fresh vegetables.

However, the nutritional curse of Russia is grains - in liquid form! Alcoholism is a true nationwide malediction.

Reply to
Judges1318