RMA flux

I don't know about you, but when I bought my bottle of RMA flux, I bought the dispenser bottle with the stupid metal syringe at the tip. As you all know, this clogs up real quick and builds up a bunch of gunk. Now I just use glass eye droppers from the pharmacy to dispense the flux. Easy to clean too, doesn't clog.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

Have a heat gun? Hit the tip with that for a couple seconds.

ANYTHING will 'clog'. RMA flux has a vehicle. If that vehicle evaporates, all that is left are solids. That vehicle is IPA.

If you use it to thin or correct the mix of the flux, only use 99%, not the 70% rubbing alcohol stuff.

So, a quetip with alcohol should cut the external 'bulbs' hanging on the tip. Warmed alcohol will work by simply dipping the tip in it. May take a few dipping event to free it, but it will.

Reply to
Capt. Cave Man

Sure, I used to heat it with the iron. It's just more elegant to use an eye dropper. Suck, dispense and that's it. Cleaning something like an eye dropper is a lot easier than the stupid syringe.

Sure, but you're still left with a dirty, inelegant, sticky and gummy bottle that suddenly dispenses a lot more flux than you wanted. Eye droppers for 1$ for the win!

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

On Jul 27, 11:18=A0pm, snipped-for-privacy@netzero.com wrote: {about clogged drip-bottle}

I prefer a short camel-hair paintbrush. Cement it into a cork and use a tiny bottle... looks like nail polish applicator, but if you're mean and ugly like I am no one teases about it.

Reply to
whit3rd