RJ-45 panel mount plug?

I posted this question earlier to sci.electronics.components but yet got any answers. I try if there somebody could know something about my issue.

I have tried to find RJ-45 panel mount plug, but couldn't so far find those anywhere. I have heard that these kind of plugs really exists and are mainly made for testing/tester use. It would be also a nice extra to have plug without locking clip. Panel mount sockets can be found everywhere but plugs i haven't seen yet.

Br. Pekko

Reply to
Pekko

This may be an item that is made inhouse for the testers that use them. It wouldn't be too hard to use a panel mount jack and make a butt-to-butt plug. Snip the clip from the user interface end, Straight or cross wire it with short snips of AWG #22 solid and glue the butts together.

Insert clip end into plug, instant (well, faster than sourcing and shipping) panel mount plug.

Parts list: 1 RJ-45 Jack 2 RJ-45 Plugs 1 short piece of Cat5e or Cat6 or AWG22 solid hookup wire. Glue or melt the butts together.

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

------------------- ----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

Thank's for the glue idea. Never thought it could be made this way. Only thing is to make glued butts to look professional..

Reply to
Pekko

Something like this

But these don't exist yet either.

What you might do depending on your application is go to Home Depot, find the home theater section, and find the modular panel system. I forget the brand. I installed some at home, it's a panel and you can pop in various types of connectors.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

Use clear glue, and think about making a jig do do the gluing. With a jig, a sufficiently thin glue and perhaps clever use of aluminum splints in place of the cable jacket, you ought to do well.

--
Tim Wescott
 Click to see the full signature

Check out the industrial automation sites such as ABB or Rockwell. In many VFD's the keypad/display is connected to the base unit by an RJ45 back to back male/male 1 piece connector. They sell these as separate items because they occasionally break. As stated before, use panel mount jack and plug this in!

Regards, Steve

Reply to
Stephen D. Barnes

Personally, I prefer #24 wire for that app. (The stuff in those 25-pair trunks that you used to find at construction sites uses #24.)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Not sure if this is what you could use, by fixing it in the panel and continue with a snipped patch cable inside the box:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

Looks similar to these...

heres an IP6 plug

But I like the idea of gluing two male jacks together, easy replacement when worn out.

Martin Riddle

'Keystone'

Home Depot carries the Leviton brand of networking products.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

RJ-45 is only one application of the connectors. The original name was 8P8C modular connector.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Look for T-568B jacks. I think that's what you're looking for, it has RJ45 plug on one end and 110 connectors on the other.

WHY? A short jumper solves the problem better in almost all situations.

Reply to
JosephKK

If you actually want to get technical it is a EIA-568 connector. And it is physically incompatible with RJ-45 dimensions. Try any search engine or Wikipedia for it.

Reply to
JosephKK