Ripple harmful in this circuit?

Thanks John.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

How long will the sensor remain closed when it finally closes?

What will be exposed for a "long term"? Do you mean that the sensor and the relay will remain closed for a long time? Like maybe 9 years?

Reply to
John S

Thanks, Phil. Good points on the cap suppressing the transient and the use of a sealed relay. The relay I'll be using operates at 16 mA and drops out at 4 mA - I just tested it today. It's a sealed relay, and doesn't chatter in the circuit.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Periodic testing, using a momentary switch across the sensor connection points.

Thanks, Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

It will stay transferred until AC power is removed. The sensor is low current, < 5mA.

Thanks, Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

** With full wave rectification it will be fine - most DC relays are rated to work this way. Half wave, however, is not usable.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison