RFI shield cage for 2,4ghz wireless

All,

I am trying to design an RFI sheild or farady cage to as a project. The Idea is to put the handset inside of the cage.

The cage will block and thus interupt the signal from the Handset to the base. Is this possible. Any website I can go to to find how I can build such a cage?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Zhadow

I do posses such a cage.

While I seldomly place a handset in the case, I use it extensively to heat up meals.

The heat introducing attribute is best left inoperable when placing a handset in said case.

--
 - René
Reply to

Try Lindgren or

I'm not promoting the above, they are just the first two Google hits. Search terms: "RF Screen Room" or "RF Shielded Room"

As mentioned, a microwave oven might work . But depending on what you want to do once your device is inside, it might not be the most practical solution.

Reply to
mpm

The Idea is to drop in handset, so it can lose it signal with the base at a short distance.

I've tried a regular coper shielded box

Reply to
Ghent

Your copper box should work as long as it is sealed well all the way round. I've used a copper box in the past for testing out wireless router drop out/reconnect times. Make sure to solder all your seams. I used copper finger stock gasket around the lid to get a good RF seal. Any RF shielding companies should carry finger stock. Just make sure that any slots are less than 1/2 wave @ 2.4GHz.

Reply to
Mr. Wizard

Do you know how much RF attenuation you might need? Check the copper box seams for RF leaks.

Also, are you attempting to do anything once the device is inside the box? If so, you must also pay careful attention to any cables, adjustment holes, power cables, etc.. basically, any opening or cable that connects to your box.

You can either filter these openings or cable protrusions, or just accept the losses - which in some cases may not rise to the level of becoming a true nuisance.

But since you haven't elaborated on what you're trying to do, it's hard to comment on this.

Reply to
mpm

I want to drop a 2,ghz Handset into a coper box. Well actually it is coper plated. shut the lid and test the base. The idea the RF communication between HS and base should be interupted. The base will tell me if I lost the conection or not. So far this has failed. I under my Box will work well for anything below 1 GHZ. I amtrying to figure out if I need to get a solid coper box or another enclousre to do so. I really would like to build one. Not buy one if I don't have to.

Reply to
Ghent

haw about using a microwave oven?

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

maybe something could be done with 110mm copper waste pipe and a brass screw-on cap?

--
Bye.
   Jasen