RF (TV) Splitter Question

Am I correct in assuming that the typical TV RF splitter is bi-lateral... the loss from any one port to another is the same? ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Two-port (and 4, and 8) splitters, usually. There are splitters that have asymmetric outputs; a 1-to-3 unit here is labeled -7dB/-7dB/-3.5dB.

Reply to
whit3rd

Typically they're something like this inside

Turns count as drawn on ferrite bead cores. so yeah with 75 ohms on all three ports loss will be about the same each way.

--
umop apisdn
Reply to

No The loss between the input and the 2 outputs is nominally equal and bi directional. The loss between the 2 outputs is higher. The circuit tries to provide isolation between the 2 outputs.

Mark

Reply to
makolber