RF amp

I have been persuaded into using a fixed 24 volt wart, and a Sepic converter on my board to go programmably from, say, +5 to +75 volts. I'm Spicing that. I'll just have to include some shielding to avoid the switcher getting into the other stuff.

Digikey will custom program one of the programmable XOs to nearly any frequency for around $2 and up.

I can make a big (say, 30 volts p-p) square wave with my little GaN thing, and bandpass that to get a nice sine wave.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Here is a kit 45W HF amplifier that is Push Pull for lower distortion. I t is designed for CW, FM, or SSB applications. It does not come with a heat sink, but it"s under $15. Just reduce the drive to get the output that you need, and mount it in a metal box. It is typical of the suggested designs in the old Motorola RF Databooks.

45W-SSB-Linear-Power-Amplifier-CW-FM-HF-Transceiver-Shortwave-DIY-Kit-US

Michael Terrell