Replacing those damn STK modules

STK modules seem to have always been trouble and Ive read many people saying the same thing. Worse yet, many older amplifiers, the STK mods are no longer available.

In this video, the guy claims to just replace the mod with two discreet transistors. I know thats wrong. The mods contain the two power transistors NPN and PNP, but also have driver transistors and other components.

Personally I avoid buying any amp that uses them. I prefer discreet transistors if Im not wanting tubes.

But I have replaced these mods, years ago. And was never real satisfied with the results.

Anyhow, my point is this: Ive heard that there are replacement amps, on circuit boards that can replace the STK mods. I dont believe they solder into the STK holes, but must be mounted separately inside the amp or receiver. Yet they wire into the circuit without a lot of modifications to the original device.

My question is where to obtain them? Does anyone know?

Thanks

Reply to
tubeguy

See if you can get any mileage out of DIY STK-0050 module:

Thank you,

--
Don Kuenz KB7RPU
There was a young lady named Bright Whose speed was far faster than light;