Replacement of UPS battery

I am learning a lot here.

What are your thoughts on this.

I understand that an inverter converts dc to ac.

What does the last sentence mean as far as rating of the inverter?

Reply to
Andy

------------

** But you have so much more to learn ....

Reply to
Phil Allison

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Well said. When I installed a UPS set for someone's internet cafe some 15 years ago, we didn't have many choices here. I installed several 1kVA UPSes serving two computers each. They were designed to use external batteries but had little documentation.

The batteries were 150 Ah truck batteries and were often run until they reached cut-off. The UPSes sometimes got quite hot so, to provide an extra safety margin, I made a cutout on the case and fitted a fan - a standard 12V computer case fan - on each UPS. Only one UPS broke down in 10 years.

Reply to
Pimpom

attery of limited capacity like the one inside.

full power running as the inverter will overheat and shut down.

mit is not just due to the battery.

My power outages are brief.

Never longer than 10 minutes.

I estimate that 355 Watts is what is connected to UPS.

(Computer,monitor,and Logitech speaker system.)

My laser printer draws 550 W.

Andy

Reply to
Andy