Replacement for LM 6805-A

Hello, I am looking for a replacement for a LM 6805-A. My shredder broke down and the board has this particular piece who had fallen off. I am trying to buy a new one, but I can't find the specs or anything at all about this part. Do you know where can I find this part (LM 6805-A) or what can I use as a equivalent? Thank you for the help.

Reply to
Hobby12

** I doubt that number is correct.

If it fell off a PCB it must be a SIL (single in line pin) part.

Check that number and say what type of pack it is in.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Oddly enough, Bill Sloman has heard of them:

Probably a typo. I think the OP may be looking for an LM7805, though.

JW

Hobby12 wrote in news:45fcf$55189aae$43de0cc0$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com:

The LM6805 is a pretty "standard" 3-pins 5V regulator. The A-types accuracy is slightly better then "standard". Small amounts are for sale at Farnell.

Suppose any 7805 will do as long as its accuracy is not too bad. I wonder how the regulator (TO220 package) ever fell from the board. Or does is has a SMD-package I don't know about?

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter