Renewable Energy strikes again

Michael Terrell wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Nice try, Trumpanzee retard. Do you also think they cause cancer?

BTW, that is a teeny tiny privately owned unit, not the ones the pissy little bitch named Donald J. Trump whines about.

And it was probably pissy little TrumpBitch money that paid for some Trumpanzee retard to cause it to collapse.

Nice try, Tea Party throwback Trumpanzee sheep, Republican party interloper dumbfuck.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

A tall, skinny pole with a windmill on top puts a lot of force on the base. There are lots of pics and videos online of giant windmills tipping over. It takes massive amounts of concrete to make a solid base, and the poles break too.

Bad things happen when the gearbox or generator catch fire, too. Blades fly off and stuff.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
jlarkin

I agree. If the timing was a little different, that could have killed so meone, but the loons screech that it is fossil fuel/ nuclear that kills. I' ll bet the damage was well over $100,000.

This is like people who don't do the math for tower loading. They just keep adding crap that stresses the tower in high winds, until it collapses. Tha t is one of the few benefits of the repacks at TV towers. They have to remo ve a lot of old crap that isn't in service for approval to keep using the t ower with a new antenna.

Reply to
Michael Terrell

This happened in New York. I wouldn't put it past some annoyed individuals who maybe didn't want the thing there in the first place. Just loosen a few bolts here and there, and wait...

Reply to
mpm

It was there for about two weeks, and they said that it may have been installed without a permit.

Reply to
Michael Terrell

On Tuesday, December 31, 2019 at 11:08:33 AM UTC-5,

It was not an engineered installation. The pole and base were originally intended for a billboard. The city denied their permit, so they installed a wind turbine instead. Apparently they did not need a permit for that.

Those sensationalized fires are caused by seized brakes.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

snipped-for-privacy@highlandsniptechnology.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

They are direct drive now with generators at twenty ft diameter.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

John Larkin doesn't seem to have read through enough of the article to bet to the point where it says "There has been ongoing controversy over zoning on the property where the turbine was erected, and one local official told the outlet he believes the owner had the turbine installed without a buildi ng permit."

Wind turbines need to be properly engineered and maintained - they fall dow n if they aren't, like every other sort of civil engineering project.

Bridges fall down from time to time too, but nobody complains about renewab le energy when that happens.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

own if they aren't, like every other sort of civil engineering project.

able energy when that happens.

I'll never forget something my brother said to me when he used to live in Q ueens (an NYC borough): He said you just never know what's going to happen . You could be driving along the Long Island Expressway and a big pothole the size of your car could suddenly open up and that would be it for you.

I like to visit New York City, but no way I would ever want to live or work there! Too many people. (And with excessive population comes problems of sort described here: un-permitted, shady installations that pose a danger to the public!)

Reply to
mpm

down if they aren't, like every other sort of civil engineering project.

ewable energy when that happens.

Queens (an NYC borough): He said you just never know what's going to happ en. You could be driving along the Long Island Expressway and a big pothol e the size of your car could suddenly open up and that would be it for you.

rk there! Too many people. (And with excessive population comes problems of sort described here: un-permitted, shady installations that pose a dang er to the public!)

You don't have to go to big cities to find under-maintained bridges. There are more bridges in big cities so they are over-represented, but the underl ying problem is human fallibility. .

Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to
Bill Sloman

It was not teeny tiny. Who owns it is irrelevant. And being in a very urban setting, with people living and working nearby is exactly the kind of setting that Trump whines about. He whines about them lowering property values when one is put up in your neighborhood.

Obvious TDS here.

This would be a good time to tell everyone again that you're a Republican. It's your party that picked Trump, that enables him, that lies for him, that keeps him in power and that is running him for a second term.

Reply to
Whoey Louie

someone, but the loons screech that it is fossil fuel/ nuclear that kills. I'll bet the damage was well over $100,000.

What was the cost of the damage from Chernobyl and Fukushima? Fukushima alone is estimated at $200+ bil. What a bizarre and silly argument.

ep adding crap that stresses the tower in high winds, until it collapses. T hat is one of the few benefits of the repacks at TV towers. They have to re move a lot of old crap that isn't in service for approval to keep using the tower with a new antenna.

Might be better to wait for an actual failure analysis.

Reply to
Whoey Louie

Yeah, that and cancer. Donald whines about all sorts of things that don't put money in his pockets.

"Lower property values"??? Did you see the neighborhood? I think the three sided billboard kinda gives it a nice touch, don't you?

The massive monopole is actually a bigger eyesore than the windmill you could barely see. I doubt that will be taken down. The cell companies won't allow it.

--
  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Rick C

Whoey Louie wrote in news:bbf1e408-237b-4243- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Fuck you, retarded Jersey boy PUSSY!

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Whoey Louie wrote in news:bbf1e408-237b-4243- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

There is no day that passes where you do not make a retarded statement. You are a goddamned idiot. Head off and DIE, PUTZ!

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Whoey Louie wrote in news:bbf1e408-237b-4243- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

The reference was about US, not retarded developers.

WE cannot afford anything that is available, so WE WILL ALWAYS BE RENTERS.

You are thick, boy! Goddamned retarded putz. Get off my posts!

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Whoey Louie wrote in news:bbf1e408-237b-4243- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Go away, retarded PUTZ!

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Rick C wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

WhoShitInTheGroup Louie is an utter retard, and he stinks up the group too.

Goddamned New Jersey retards in Usenet. How quaint... NOT!