Remote central locking

Hi all,

Is there any reason why one of these modules:

couldn't be used to receive the signal sent out by a car's remote central locking keyfob and then reproduced using one of these:

??

Obviously the logistics of using these for nefarious purposes make it fairly difficult (you'd have to record the unlock code and hope that either the person came back or locked, unlocked, locked again and left) but I was curious....

thanks

Gareth

Reply to
garethrichardadams

As long as the cars remote is on the frequency of 315, 433, 868MHz.

Do you know the transmit frequency of this keyfob ??

The signal transmitted by a keyfob is not just a simple PWM signal. But it might work if you know what you are doing.

logistics ???

What does this mean ??

When I was in high school, a few friend and I built a xmitter for a garage door opener. A few simple ttl gates and a simple oscillator and a scope to view my dads remote gave us all the information we needed.

Todays remote are encrypted and do not send the same data stream every time a button is pressed.

So the answer is, maybe.

donald

Reply to
donald