Releasing new version of freq_pi for raspi

Releasing new version of freq_pi for Raspbery Pi

Released under the GPL license.

This version has a frequencty sweep mode.

Range is from very low audio kHz to very high VHF MHz.

You can set start, end, and frequency increment, as well as the time to wait between steps.

It also has a trigger pin input with selectable polarity, to start the sweep,

Output is a square wave.

Nice to test filters.

No additional hardware required on the Raspberry. Just a quick hack.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Thu, 18 Sep 2014 14:07:35 GMT) it happened Jan Panteltje wrote in :

Range from about 150 kHz to above VHF.

This version as a scope triger output, just sweeped my scope with it. You can sweep anything that way.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

That just worked thank you.

After sweeping, it continues to generate the last (end) frequency. I would have thought it should reset to "off"

What command can I send to kill the output? (switch off pin 4) Is that function tied up with pin 24?

TIA

Owen

Reply to
Owen

On a sunny day (Mon, 29 Sep 2014 03:37:02 +0000) it happened Owen wrote in :

The latest version, -0.6

has the -q command line flag to swicth off teh output, call: freq_pi -q after the sweep.

No.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Version 0.6 does the job, thanks for what I believe to be a really useful program.

Reply to
Owen Cook