regulated power supply

I'm using Pspice to design a regulated power supply and I'm getting the following error when I run my simulation:

ERROR -- Subcircuit TX used by X_TX1 is undefined

does anyone no what causes this type of error. I'm using a transformer from a library called SEDRA_lib which is part of Microelectronics textbook

In my schematic TX1 is the transformer. I have been able to build this circuit using individual inductors for primary and secondary plus using the K_linear part, however, I would prefer to use the sedra/smith library part if possible.

My circuit consist of the following: VSIN - R1 (.5ohm) - primary windings all in series - GND

Secondary side of transformer:

Ls1 - D1 - C1 - R2 - Zener - Rload - GND Center tap - node w/C1 -zener- R3 -R4 - GND Ls2 - D2 - node w/D1 -C1

I would appreciate any assistance

Reply to
sunny

To use the Sedra Smith Library part, the part *graphics* must be in a declared *symbol* library.

The part *subcircuit definition* must be in a declared *device* library.

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Thanks for the quick response. Just one follow up question these additional part you mention like graphics, symbol etc. Where are they located?

regards

Jim Thomps>

Reply to
sunny

If you're using Capture, you're on your own. I use PSpice Schematics, where there's an "Edit Symbol" in the toolbar.