Recognise this trace?

Well, just "something is broken" would cover it.

Reply to
John S

Or broken as designed.

Reply to
krw

You achieved full-wave rectification using just the above parts? May we see this remarkable circuit, please?

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Half wave rectification is sufficient to show your waveform.

Why do you think full-wave rectification is important? Which

*significant* aspect of your waveform would it change?
Reply to
Tom Gardner

I'd KF'd you previously due to your politics, but it seems your electronics is no better.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

For the record, you didn't answer his question. I'm genuinely curious now, too.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com

Kind of looks like the outline of my ex-wife.

Reply to
John S

Do I detect a note of scepticism here, Tim? I've checked all the electrolytics with my ESR/Capacitance tester which is claimed to be able to test for ESR in-circuit so I didn't remove any of the caps in order to test them. I'm relying on the meter manufacturer's claims that it's not necessary to do so and in the absence of any evidence to the contrary, I don't see what more I can do.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

** Electro cap ESR meters can be relied on to work normally with the caps in circuit.

Diodes and transformer windings in parallel have no effect.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison