Re: Which university produces good analog EEs?

> Getting datasheets is also much easier for hobbyists since the internet took > off. I remember having to make long journeys to a library that had some > datasheets on microfilm, then paying quite a lot of money to have them > printed off, and the whole process of getting one datasheet could take a > day of my time, even if I was lucky and it was one of the datasheets that > they had.

Does anyone else still have a microfiche Viewer/Printer?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

viewer. I have a stack of IEE comics on microfiche, and picked up a viewer for $5 a couple of years back :)

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

Check how old the fiches are. Probably not very. But if they are really old make sure it's not the kind of film that can spontaneously combust. IIRC that burned down a large building somewhere in Russia where they had stored many spools of old movies.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

If it's newer than about 1950 it should be okay.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Hmmm microfiche to PDF converter..............neat

Martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

Microfiche? Our local county recorder has PNG or PDF versions all the way back to January, 1984.

...Jim Thompson

It would be interesting to find out what resolution etc. they are using. That would be a neat way to go partially paperless and when they flag that in an audit you could say "Yeah, but the country recorder also does it". Tried to find that out in a recent thread but that kinda went into a high-tech pie in the sky.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Actually, I have another microfiche reader that I am trying to figure out a way to use my good digital camera, with making any permanent changes to the camera.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Fiche is NOT on nitrate film! That comes from the silent movie days or shortly thereafter. Long before fiche was invented. Projecting a movie in the old days was a major thrill. If the film stuck in the projector gate the high intensity lamp set fire to it which traveled up the film to the upper reel which thence set the whole place on fire! (nitrate film REALLY burns fast!) Me and a buddy once set a reel on fire in his driveway just for fun. Made an amazing fire!

Reply to
Benj

Nitrocellulose == guncotton.

In Jr. High or so, I had a buddy who made some. It does burn real good! ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise