Re: What kind of spectrogram is this, anyway... ?

I didn't think we were supposed to send images on this group.

Gary Eickmeier

> See attachment. > > That is a beautiful work of art, isn't it? > > I found it here: > >
> [In Google Drive, you only click ONCE] > > Click on "Speaker Recognition (NIST).pdf" > > Those sharp curves cannot possibly come from a human speech system, can > they? > > -Ramon > >
Reply to
Gary Eickmeier

well, it's USENET. there aren't any rules. and least no rule-enforcers.

--

r b-j                  rbj@audioimagination.com

robert bristow-johnson

And the message is text only, containing a URL linking to an image, so within the rules for text only groups.

It's the same principle as linking to a Soundcloud file...

Incidentally, some news servers do either strip binary attachments from posts or just delete posts with binaries before they get onto the server.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Reply to
John Williamson

No, it is not a link, it is a file sent along with his text message. I go to a lot of trouble to post pictures or audio to a web site somewhere because I should not send them in a message.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Eickmeier

OK, for the quibblers out there it is both. Looks like he meant to send a link, then also attached a 160k .png file to the message.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Eickmeier

As I said, some news servers strip attachments in text only groups. It appears that News Individual Net is one of them. I saw no attachment.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Reply to
John Williamson

Gary:

"There are no worse jails than those which we build for ourselves."

-Moi

Reply to
Ramon F Herrera

I bet a nickel you're using Outlook, which displays the link as if it were a local file. This is specifically a function of your news client, other people do not see this.

--scott

Scott Dorsey

Does Outlook do news now? I eschewed it many years ago because it didn't, and Outlook Express which does is/ was not a good program for any purpose.

Ah, you need a plugin, which calls Outlook Express or Vista Livemail to read news.

I'll stick to Thunderbird for now.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Reply to
John Williamson

If a binary file attachment makes it through to a text-only Usenet newsgroup, it usually means the server they posted to is misconfigured to allow it.

Or, the newsgroup is misconfigured to allow binaries after all.

Google Groups neither lists post attachments, nor accepts them to post.

Reply to
rev.11d.meow

We have a winner! :-)

_Gray