Re: Under WHOSE Watch ?????

>Under WHOSE Watch ????? > >
> >Note the date, you liberal FASCISTS ;-) > > ...Jim Thompson

Leave it to the Democrats to f*ck EVERYTHING up, and then blame the Republicans for it, AND THEN have the goddamnad gall to tell folks that they have the solution for "the problem".

Obama will f*ck this country up worse than it already is.

It is a scary proposition, and I would not/do not blame any radical person that takes "the solution" to this absolute retard being elected farther than I ever would... not that I wouldn't want to be that person.

Reply to
UltimatePatriot

UltimatePatriot wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I just had a truely nightmarish thought: what if he wins, and does *not* FUBAR everything worse than it is now? Or even more radical, what if most people come out better off then they've been for the past 8 years?

Good gawd =:-o , what will we do then...?!?!

Reply to
Kris Krieger

On Sep 30, 1:40=EF=BF=BDpm, Jim Thompson

=BF=BDI didn't

Well maybe if you drove a fuel-efficient vehicle back then....? Just curious, what kind of car were you pushing in the 70's?

You know what. Doesn't matter. I heard the original Model-T had better gas mileage than some of the cars we make now!

And that's not a crack on your age Jim. :)

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

One can only go on what he says and what he says is a recipe for FUBAR.

Of course, it could be he's not being clear or sincere, in which case we might as well draw lots for the job because it amounts to the same thing.

Now, we could 'restrict' the draw lots candidates to only those who flowery bullshit they'll make things wonderful. Cool, ok, put your match stick in.

Good example of the coincidence logic fallacy.

Draw lots again.

Reply to
flipper

You're an optimist.

In Carter's time the country could afford, barely, the stupidity of decimating domestic energy production and pouring billions into fantasy 'alternative energy' solutions that don't work, but not now.

Reply to
flipper

Oh come on now Jim, you didn't really push your car now did you? As I recall, most of the people in line were trying to top off their tanks by adding a whole gallon of gas. Just like they do here in houston when a storm is coming, people ran on the gas stations keeping the lines long and the pumps dry.

Reply to
Anthony Fremont

With that ridiculous rewrite of history I can see why he wonders if you were ever there.

Reply to
flipper

Well, I was replying to him so "that ridiculous rewrite" is his.

Of course.

He tries to make it sound like a few folks topped their tanks on some, unexplained, magic day and then it was no more.

Of course, it wouldn't have been nearly as bad as it was if the government hadn't decided to 'help' and screw it up 10 times worse.

Reply to
flipper

In the UK you only have to mention the words: "fuel strike" and everyone's in line clogging up the forecourt - its guaranteed to run every filling station dry within a matter of hours even if there is no interruption to deliveries!

Reply to
ian field

RFI-EMI-GUY wrote in news:48e2962d$0$4843$ snipped-for-privacy@unlimited.newshosting.com:

[snip]

I had a VW, also. My Dad had tweaked the engine to get better gas mileage. I had to wait in line, but far less often, and a 5-gallon maximum went a long way :) I've always bought high-gas-mileage cars. The "worst" was the I-35 (the 'family car'), which gets about 26 MPG mixed, and over 30 MPG on the highway with the cruise-control set to 60. The Saturn gets about 30 MPP mixed; no gauge to give the MPG as it changes, so I calculate it from miles travelled and fill-up amounts.

When fuel efficiency stardards started, it was hailed. But the politicians voted fuel efficiency (and thereby, teh competitiveness of US auto makers in a long-predicted era of Peak Oil and increased drilling difficulty hence expense) right into the crapper. ((One of whom, BTW, was McCain, who for many years consistently voted against fuel efficiency alternative energy technology.))

I'm with T. Boone Pickens nd Aubry McClendon this one.

Reply to
Kris Krieger

Tell me, asshole... what happened to the Social Security that I will never be getting , yet am still currently paying into?

You have no clue what needs to be done up there, or whose toes need to be stepped on.

Reply to
ValleyGirl

Standard argument. Not true, however.

The war and the debt it created started in the early sixties, and the economic impact was voted IN by ALL during that decade (before Nixon OR Ford), and WE paid for it and are STILL paying for it. It was 55,000 men, and I do blame Nixon directly for about 5000 or more of those, when he could have quit earlier. The debt was evryone's, however. Your parents voted them in, if you are my age.

Whether Nixon, or a Democrat was in office, they would have devalued the gold standard, so you can't blame that one on a party or the person either. Even though that very act is part of why I have nowhere near the standard of living my unskilled, non-union father had. So you cannot attribute those debts to Nixon and Ford alone. We will be feeling repercussions from the gold devaluation for over a century. But back to blame for debt...

Hell, that is not even to mention the cost of the Korean War, and it's multi-decade economic impact. You all seem to think that an NON-military man has even the slightest clue as to what is required to retain the security of this country, and its people, borders, customs, and our being known for helping more countries around the world than any other. We do, however, have security issues, therefore, we are still tops, regardless of the worldwide propaganda,that has caused a lot of under-educated youth to "hate America". I am glad their fathers and mothers still have sense over there, in most cases. Sad that many youths take years to finally get it.

STOP blaming one party or another. They have all turned a blind eye, and participated in lobbyism. They have all given themselves far too much money, and need to get pay reduced. They all need to remit their "campaign residuals", every election, until the social security accounts are beefed up to snuff. Essentially into perpetuity.

Folks... get the word out, we need record republican voter turnout this year. We MUST NOT allow the inexperienced democratic stepladder boy hop into the nation's top executive seat. You people cannot possibly be that dumb! Everything will get worse, regardless of who gets in, because the "take the money and run boys" are going to be doing just that.

Obama is scary... scary dumb. Do not put that idiot in office!!! Harvard does NOT a President make. More IS required.

We now have ANOTHER WAR to prosecute, and you seem to have no clue how much that is costing, and is going to continue to cost us, even if it ended tomorrow, for decades. You know, however, that such an early ending will NOT happen, because the security of our nation is at the focus, regardless of what Obama thinks he will be doing with our commanders.... unless you really have been sleeping in a cave.

Look closer, though... There are JOBS, son! THIS COUNRTY is THE BEST COUNTRY... THAT EVER WAS, AND EVER WILL BE. We will work to make ourselves more secure. Sure we will always give our teachers more money. We do not, however, like Obama did,insult every teacher in the country

. We will work to make all the free, truly peaceful nations in the world more secure, and better off economically as has always been the case. No person in the world should listen to the hate propaganda that has been proliferated for decades now.

For us?

This country will bounce back, and the information age will guarantee that we have better, cheaper "oversight", so the hit and run, snake oil boys can be kept from pulling the wool over the world's eyes again. I hope we catch up to them, and drag those "parachutes" back in.

Where have you been? Listening to Rosie O'Donnell?

Sorry, we did not "blow up WTC 6" to destroy the records of a 6 trillion dollar hidden account, or for any other reason. It FELL, mainly from the fire that burned beneath it.

Give it up, Rosie!

Reply to
ValleyGirl

It will take far more than two presidential administration spans to set up, and implement a proper "health care system". You and Obama and anyone else that thinks it could possibly occur at the snap of a finger, or the submission of some dumb, rush to order plan, is nuttier than a fruitcake. Theplanning alone would take years, much less building the infrastructure.

Sorry, we don' need no welfare system mistakes. This is going to take time, and it will require a bi-partisan agreed upon plan to amortize the debt to the doctors and hospitals (you know, the ones they charge the current insurance system at more than double it's true value) over a period of many years. We'll make sure their kids go to college. Let them pay back some debt. To me, many of them are in the same boat, in a character analysis.

That is the main problem. Pharmaceuticals are far too high in price, and so is health care itself.

Reply to
ValleyGirl