Re: Skybuck's Dream PC dead again for the (4th?) zillion-th time ?!? (Electrical fault with X-Fi Elite Pro Soundblaster)

>>Hello, >> >>My Dream PC from 2006 just died again, this time I will remain calm since I >>am used to it by now. > >You are the ravager of PCs. Get an iPad. > >John

The retarded twit responded to his own post 6 times.

I think he needs attention.

What the little bastard really needs is a big paddle for his ass. Maybe with some nice welt holes in it. Maybe about 5 strokes.

Reply to
FatBytestard

Did you have to quote 350 lines to post that stupid horseshit?

Reply to
The_Giant_Rat_of_Sumatra

You'd love to see that. His ass, I mean.

Weird fantasies.

John

No, John. Regardless of YOUR fantasies, I said nothing about bare asses.

Reply to
FatBytestard

But you just did.

John

"The_Giant_Rat_of_Sumatra" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Apparently, as it gave you the oppertunity to add a usefull contribution.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

AN ESD event can be at as low a voltage as 20 volts. If you have floating grounds and such all over the place, then it is most certainly YOU that has been frying ALL of your hardware.

An ESD event does not cause immediate failures in many cases.

Your biggest problem is that you do NOT know what you are doing.

Reply to
FatBytestard

Rest of ramble removed.

Hi Skybuck.

I've followed your antics over the last few years and can only think that it's your instinct for instantly jumping to totally unfounded and unrelated conclusions to perceived problems that produce all your troubles in the first place! I can't for the life of me understand how you manage to destroy so much computer hardware.

Before you do anything else, get your home rewired with Euro standard Schuko type F Earthed sockets. That will help with your suspected 120V floating cases problem, although why you should think the Euro standard 230 Volt mains supply will get divided by 2 seems strange to me.

I've been running what is essentially the same motherboard as you (an Asus A8N SLi Deluxe) with an AMD Opteron 170 Dual core processor (90W) overclocked to

2.75GHz since 2006, in a smaller Cooler Master Centurion 531 case, with 5 harddiscs, a DVD ReWriter and a 3½" combined floppy drive/memory card reader. I use The similar nVidia 7900GS video card, and a Seasonic 600W PSU to run that lot. The only thing I don't have is a separate sound card in there, although I did at one time run a second 7900GS card in SLi mode, but didn't find it made much difference.

The only problem that I've ever had with it is that the Deluxe motherboard, unlike your Premium version which has a heatpipe, suffered from dying chipset fans, so I rigged a small 60mm fan attached to the video card cover to blow onto the heatsink of the chipset, from which I'd removed the fan. Since then it's been fine!

I'm going to build my new i7 system in the very same Antec 1200 case that you use now. That case is HUGE!!! How you can possibly get your system to overheat in that I cannot imagine!

Unless you really do have so much money that you can afford to throw even more away on yet another new system to wreck, I'd suggest that you take the advice of myself and others here lately, and buy yourself a Dell or something else readymade, and have the case welded shut!

Having said that, I would miss the comedy to be had from your future posts!

Best of luck though.

Pixiecherub.

Reply to
Sarah E. Bailey

Hhmm... I wrote that I would explain my investigations and what I learned from it further but failed to do so... the posting was already long so didn't do it... but I will in this follow up post... first a remark about my picture request... I am mostly interested in your face and how you look it... now onto the investigation report:

In short:

In 2008 my system/dream pc was acting weird, it was still using the chieftec case... the weird behaviour was probably caused by a defect memory chip... I didn't know at the time... I wasn't happy with the chieftec case... it was humming and was too hot for my liking... so I replaced it with the antec

1200... also removed one graphics cards after a few days or so... two months later or so I discovered the bad memory chip and rma-ed it... and got two new ones for free from corsair.

The same motherboard that I suspected of being fried was still being used... this surprised me today... it had the "burn" marks back in 2008, so it might have been burned by the chieftec case as well... for now I will assume the "shock" from the receiver caused it to die... I also found a little hair on it while it was on my table... but I suspect that hair land on it after I assembled it... hairs can cause system failures... but I don't think this is the case of it... perhaps I will test later to be sure...

Conclusion:

So far there is no real hard evidence that heat caused any deaths at all, it could all be electro-shock related, your system which must be running very hot could be further prove of this that heat inside a pc does not necessarily have to be a bad thing.

However the gigaworks s750 sound system died as well, could also be shock-related, however an electronics repair dude says it could also be heat related.

For now the main difference with my previous systems is much more heat and especially the receiver/second high power device attached to it... my previous pc's did not have a receiver attached to them... nor a gigaworks... so this new sound system situation could have lead to these deaths.

Therefore it seems wise to replace wall power sockets with grounded wall sockets, hopefully that will not cause new issue's... I have already read that it can... I have to read up on those potential issue's... one issue is "ground loop" ?

So I am not ready yet to replace wall sockets... first I have to read up onto potential disadventages and risks ;)

So far it seems to at least be a more safe idea for me/humans to have grounded wall power sockets.

(Perhaps what's good/safe for humans is also safe for electronics ! ;) =D)

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

d00d! u snd lik a virgin! u need too get fooked!!!!!

Reply to
Dr. Von Peebles

Are there any non-virgins in these newsgroups ?! ;) =D LOL.

Anyway, why do you think I sound like a virgin ?! ;) =D (What part of it was it exactly that makes you believe this ? ;))

Bye, Skybuck =D

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Yes, this "ALL" could be "electro shock related" LOL!!!!!

Reply to
GMAN

You are more than just a little stupid if you do not know how to place a speaker in your PC case.

Reply to
FatBytestard

No, your camera is broken. :(

Reply to