Re: OT Superfluid dark matter

Jasen Betts wrote >>> Alan Folmsbee wrote >>>>

Ion flow is driven by current flow so the directions correspond in all electrochemical cells.

I've not seen any different use in electronics and chemistry. The > difference is between batteries and diodes.

In chemistry the anode is the terminal emitting electron current externally (or determined by ion flow internaly - the two are linked by well-understood conservation laws). Thus the name changes between charge and discharge.

In electronics the name is predetermined by rules that are different depending on the device and don't change during use.

Jasen Betts