Re: [OT] Canadian Customs agents / idiots

Great way to kill California jobs, taxing product development and

>productive equipment. And San Francisco taxes all equipment at 1% of >the original purchase price, every year, *forever* as long as you >still have it on site. We don't need no stinkin' jobs here. > >John

And you idiots let them!

You should be trashing some politicians. I do not know of ANY accounting audits on assets in the world that does not properly depreciate the values of their assets.

From what you say, a $5000 IBM XT PC over in the closet would get taxed at $500 a year.

That is lame. SF is lame if they operate that way, and ALL of their citizens are lame if they let them operate that way.

That is the epitome of unrepresented tax.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

How an I going to stop them? I only get one vote.

Um, 1% of $5000 is $50. Stay away from math... it doesn't work for you.

And who ever paid $5K for an XT?

I suppose we could always donate it to Goodwill across the street and then buy it back for $20 or so. That would be "computer laundering" I suppose.

The tax was passed by the elected Board of Stupidvisors.

John

Sell it to me. I offer one genuine pre-Barack dollar, per instrument.

Of course you'd have to agree to store it for me in perpetuity, at your shop, since I've no room.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat