Re: night light

The smoke alarm is right in view from our bed and it flashes every 30sec

AHA! A solution rears its ugly head! Rewire your smoke alarm (or use a spare one), with a UV LED in series with that flasher.

Then, use the zinc sulfide (pale green) glows-in-the-dark tape, secure in the knowledge that it will get a recharge from the battery powered source. My own dwelling is decorated with bits of such tape, on light switches and bits of woodwork; when my face is close by, it's always visible enough.

One doesn't need to illuminate the whole room, just a landmark or two.

Reply to
whit3rd