Re: Monster Cables

You're 100% wrong. You can't beat 16ga. (or 14, if you insist) zip cord for speaker wire. All Monster cable is is zip cord in drag.

Horse shit.

Lie.

Corrosion isn't an issue. Tighten the damned things if you're worried about it, or buy decent connectors. Gold ends into a tin receptacle isn't going to help anything. Heavy conductors are fine, but 14ga. zip cord is easy to find and dirt cheap. 16ga. is plenty for any reasonable lengths (lengths where Bill Gates could afford Monster cable).

Irrelevant.

Fraud is fraud and has nothing to do with pretty packaging.

You're being stupid now.

You mean line Monster cable? Go to The Home Despot a and buy a spool of heavy zip cord, cut to length, and be done with it.

--
Keith
Reply to

Oh, that's plain enough. It is great fun twitting them though.

It doesn't and they know you're a cheap prick. I don't give either, I'm safe. ;-) (actually I gave sapphires this Christmas).

No, they don't "perceive" any difference, other than the price.

...and back we go to the bank robbery argument.

--
Keith
Reply to

Or they bought Monster cables and are waiting for me to buy their health insurance.

--
Keith
Reply to

Mommy.

Reply to
Richard Henry

What does a diamond symbolize that a zircon cannot?

Reply to
Richard Henry

That you're hopelessly stupid?

-- Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214 to prove it. Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell Central Florida

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Greed.

Reply to
Robert Baer

No, it was that I took time to trace the circuit of my MCA SP1s and provided it for people who were interested in the Dorsey mod. However, as my schematic showed the SP1s "sort of" already had it built in. In other words they didn't use the cheapo transformer coupling and the circuit was very similar to Scott's. I'm sure that link has been down for a long time. I'm not even sure where my original files are! Probably on some backup CD by now! Great to see fan mail! :-)

Benj

Reply to
Benj

Hey Keith, with your tin ear, why waste money on zip cord? I mean some nice 24 gauge bell wire ought to get the sound you are looking for!

Does daddy know you are on his computer?

Reply to
Benj

Thank you for the feedback!

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Reply to
Peter Larsen

Hehe, audiophools are such fun.

Double blind tests are, for some reason, invalid.

If you can't hear xxx, you have tin ears QED.

Etc.

Tim

-- Deep Fryer: A very philos>

Reply to
Tim Williams

At one time, luxury gifts to a woman gave her some degree of financial backup if things went wrong. Less necessary now, when any woman who has spent two consecutive nights in your bed seems legally entitled to walk away with everything you own.

Reply to
Laurence Payne

"Boy, you'd better work on Something better than a zircon 'Cause your diamonds are this girl's worst friend." -- Eartha Kitt

--
"C\'est un Nagra.  C\'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."
Reply to

Yeah, far easier these days to just find a woman you don't like and buy her a house. Saves a whole lot of hassle.

Phildo

Reply to
Phildo

Please take your flame wars out of rec.audio.pro. Thank you.

Peace, Paul

Reply to
Paul Stamler

Seems as though giving cash would have been better. If you buy a diamond for $1000 and give it to someone, in all likelihood the most they'd be able to sell it for would be $250 or so, wouldn't it?

Reply to
Joel Koltner

These days that is the case. There was a time not too long ago when diamonds were a convenient negotiable currency, before DeBeers started jacking retail prices up half a century ago.

24k gold still is today... I know a lot of folks in Asia who buy 24k jewelry because they know they can always sell it for what they paid and consider it a convenient way to store money in a place where banks may not be trustworthy.

--scott

--
"C\'est un Nagra.  C\'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."
Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Indeed.

Reply to
Laurence Payne

for

If you're lucky.

I don't understand why diamonds aren't churned out like transistors.

Reply to
Richard Henry

There's not enough demand and the process is still too expensive. I'm still waiting for diamond film fabrication to get cheap enough for lifetime razor blades.

It's only been five years or so that we've been able to make gem quality diamonds at all. Give it some time.

Hopefully the carbon deposition stuff will also allow in-situ fabrication of weird shapes... like Shibata and van den Hul styli!

--scott