Re: Monster Cables

The ultimate purpose of those cables is making their owners happier. Indeed
the monster cables serve quite well for this purpose. Only bores and geeks
care for the tests because they are having fun by spoiling the pleasure of
somebody else. But does this make them happy?

VLV

Re: Monster Cables
sci.electronics.design, antispam snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

They also serve the purpose for which they were intended (fleecing
the stupid).  I hardly think this is a good thing.

Spending $2 on zip cord rather than $100 on Monster cable does.  If
I can save 98% on anything, I'm happy.  I'll try to save others
money too, if I can.  Monster cable is a fraud and Monster deserves
to be shown for what they are.  Hopefully their customers will then
have the CEO drawn and quartered, or worse.  I doubt it'll happen
though, too many of their customers are terminally stupid.

Then there is BestBuy, et. al., and their highway robbery on cables
($60 for HDMI cables?!).  I suppose they make nothing on the TVs
and pay the light bill with extended warranties and HDMI cables.

--
Keith

Re: Monster Cables

I have the question:
What is the purpose of gold, diamonds, pieces of art?

Sure. Buy at Walmart, eat at McDonalds. A $10 chinese replica is as good
as the original Rolex, right?

Did they ask you?

Where is the border line between fraud and not fraud?

You should thank them for inventing a safe trick to make the idiots work
for nothing. People just want to be different.

Why don't make and sell the cables of your own then?

Could be. Why not, if it works.

VLV

Re: Monster Cables
On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 00:20:12 GMT, Vladimir Vassilevsky

Dead right it is!  If the job is telling the time.   What job do
cables do?

Re: Monster Cables
"Laurence Payne"  wrote ...

Good one!  :-)

Re: Monster Cables
"Vladimir Vassilevsky"  wrote ...

Beauty. Is that what you think snake-oil botique cables
are about?

OK, so you don't believe in helping others even when they don't
know they need help.  I'll keep that in mind next time I read one
of your posts.

Making unsubstantiated statemets (what they used to call
"lying").

Fine, send me your money. Is that "different" enough for you?
I'll even send you a $10 cable for $100 if it will make you
feel any better about it.

Plenty of people sell excellent cables at sensible prices.
Or are you suggesting becoming another schyster like
the botique cable vendors?

And people rob banks. "It works."
Your logic leaves me cold.

Re: Monster Cables

Exactly. I see no conceptual difference.

Certainly. You can't help under compulsion.

Every day they ask me to send money on TV and in email spams. What is
different about your proposition?

If it would make me feel any better, I would certainly buy it. But I am
not obsessed with cables so I'd rather buy a bottle of good cognac.

I suggest to quit whinning about the unfair life.

As long as robbing banks could be economically profitable for some
people (considering all tradeoffs), they will keep robbing banks.

My logic is logical.

VLV

Re: Monster Cables
sci.electronics.design, antispam snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

I didn't know cables were a thing of beauty.  I'm beginning to
wonder about your sanity.

Is that a bet?

Nothing.  Fraud is fraud.

So you do agree that Monster cables are a fraud.

Good plan.  Go fer it.

So you have no issues with it?

Perhaps, but your assumptions are out in left hyperspace.

--
Keith

Re: Monster Cables

I wonder how did you made it through my plonk filter?
...Ahhh. Never mind. It is fixed already.

Aside from the usual trolls and spammers, I plonk skyback, macon, sloman,
mpm, terrel, bloggs, donkey, jamie, slaughter, bored, neopax and you, of
course. There is nothing personal. The S.E.D. traffic is too high to be
manageable; so I have to select the sources with the higher SNR.  This
brings it down to somewhat 30 messages per day. From those the 1-2 messages
are worth reading.

Have a good time.

VLV

Re: Monster Cables
sci.electronics.design, antispam snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

Your loss...

Good, why not plonk the rest of SED as well?

Conservatives always do.  It's part of their character.

--
Keith

Re: Monster Cables
"krw" wrote ...

Some of us have moved beyond doubt.

Re: Monster Cables
sci.electronics.design, snipped-for-privacy@xp7rt.net says...

So I see.

--
Keith

Re: Monster Cables

You don't know the point of view of the audiophool.

Why should I buy my girl a diamond, when cubic zirconia looks just
the same?

They like the difference they perceive. To them, those cables are
"better" by enough that they're willing to pay money for them.

Why do you want to stand in their way? Wouldn't it be much more
logical to get a piece of the action? ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

Re: Monster Cables

It doesn't. Diamond has relatively low dispersion, and the difference is
plainly visible.

Re: Monster Cables
snipped-for-privacy@example.net says...

Oh, that's plain enough.  It is great fun twitting them though.

It doesn't and they know you're a cheap prick.  I don't give
either, I'm safe.  ;-)  (actually I gave sapphires this Christmas).

No, they don't "perceive" any difference, other than the price.

...and back we go to the bank robbery argument.

--
Keith

Re: Monster Cables

What does a diamond symbolize that a zircon cannot?

Re: Monster Cables

   That you're hopelessly stupid?

prove it.
Re: Monster Cables

   Greed.

Re: Monster Cables

At one time, luxury gifts to a woman gave her some degree of financial
backup if things went wrong.  Less necessary now, when any woman who
has spent two consecutive nights in your bed seems legally entitled to
walk away with everything you own.

Re: Monster Cables

"Boy, you'd better work on
 Something better than a zircon
 'Cause your diamonds are this girl's worst friend."
   -- Eartha Kitt
--
"C'est un Nagra.  C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

Site Timeline