RE: John Fields

I just spoke to John Fields. He said he was tired of the bickering on the electronics newsgroups, and quit using them. He knows his website is down, and said he hasn't got around to redoing it.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I know the feeling. But there are groups without so much of the crap. This is one of the worst.

--

Rick
Reply to

Oh, heavens Rick -- you need to become an amateur machinist and subscribe to rec.crafts.metalworking.

Then you'll see how civil and on-topic this group really is!

--
Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

I think you are proving my point... ;)

--

Rick
Reply to

On Thu, 06 Nov 2014 13:44:47 -0500, rickman Gave us:

Yeah... all of YOUR "assessment posts" and pussy crybaby posts are a major part of the noise level. Might as well throw in some filter file edit session announcement posts to further clutter things.

Oh... yeah... you already did that too.

The Zimmerman complex abounds.

One can learn about the human condition so much by watching a modern TV show, like "The Walking Dead".

John Lennon said it best though.

"A working class hero is something to be."

I'll let you figure out what the next line is, and what it means about you.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Thu, 06 Nov 2014 12:49:46 -0600, Tim Wescott Gave us:

So, then they all use "FORD tools" "over there", eh? :-)

Heheheh... BRL! BRL!!

Ford lovers are so dumb!

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

on

Sci.electronics.design is one of the most active usegroups.

I check out what's going on a couple of times a day, because I'm interested in the kind of stuff that gets posted.

The most interesting stuff for me is the real electronics, and I don't get that in real life - despite the fact that I'm treasurer of the NSW branch o f the IEEE, I still have very little contact with people who do my kind of electronics, while people who do post here quite frequently.

There is other stuff that I'm interested in - politics, anthropogenic globa l warming - and when a post comes up about that I react to it.

What John Fields objects to as bickering is just poorly disciplined debate

- some of our regular posters don't actually understand what's involved in civilised discussion (and I'm certainly not as civilised as I might be) so we get John Larkin parading his injured ego a little more often than he sho uld, and krw parading his unexamined certainties a lot more often than is u seful.

The noise level is high, but there's also quite a bit of signal.

If I knew a better usegroup, I'd go to it.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Yes, but rec.boats is even less on topic and more on uncivil.

oh, and I plead guilty. :-) (not about the uncivil part)

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I should have added, in rec.boats the OP will warn you if his post is boating related. lol Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Or would, if it existed.

Probably not.

Since the quoted line is the refrain, and is thus followed by a variety of different lines, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno is being as off-the-wall as ever.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

On Thu, 6 Nov 2014 12:56:40 -0800 (PST), Bill Sloman Gave us:

It is more than a little obvious which line I was referring to, Usenet peasant.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Really? One of the symptoms of mental illness is the delusion that one's thought processes are transparent to others. Your thinking - if one can dignify what you post as "thinking" - is decidedly obscure.

You'd probably be more highly though of if you left it that way - as an obscure creep rather than a comical one.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Rickman is one of the worst offenders... all mouth and no brain. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

On Thu, 6 Nov 2014 13:19:34 -0800 (PST), Bill Sloman Gave us:

Absolutely, idiot.

The mentally ill cannot make assessments about anyone, much less the mentally ill. Oooops.

Sorry, but the context of the thread, and everything else surrounding the remark, DOES make it a "no brainer" for anyone, less yourself, to get.

You are an idiot. YOU cannot get the thinking of real men. You prove it every day in this group alone.

I could give a fat flying f*ck about dignification from or by an utterly retarded pathetic excuse for a human, like you... but I don't.

Another term you are obviously clueless about.

A retarded twerp like you has no clue what anyone other than yourself "thinks", and you hard wired yourself stupid. That tells anyone about the credibility of anything that spews forth from your second asshole, asshole. It rests firmly at nil.

Even with the hint, you fail miserably.

Proving that you also failed to actually read the lyrics.

Nice try at acting like you did.

ANYONE reading them WOULD know EXACTLY which line I refer to.

And you spouting psychology is a huge joke, since you did NOT "see" the blatantly obvious reference, and are obviously sporting a convoluted view of reality.

YOU... will NEVER stop being a peasant.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Moronic assertion doesn't make it true.

Tell us which line you had in mind, and we might have reason to believe you - though I doubt it.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Slowman is your typical PhD >:-] ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

As if Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality-Thompson could recognise intellectual content ... him complaining about anybody else being all mouth is also entertaining.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

On Thu, 6 Nov 2014 14:01:43 -0800 (PST), Bill Sloman Gave us:

You keep saying "we", twaddle boy.

Have you seen a doctor about your problem, child?

Again, you did NOT actually read the lyrics. That makes you a total piece of shit. And yes, idiot... YOU are ONLY *one*, not any kind of "we" at all.

If there were, it would be:

Pathetic you

Truly pathetic you

Abjectly pathetic you

and...

Mentally deranged pathetic you.

None of which qualify you to make assessments about others.

So, FOAD, idiots.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Thu, 06 Nov 2014 15:03:30 -0700, Jim Thompson Gave us:

Not PHeasant... D

PEASANT. :-D

Shame we can't shoot both at will.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

If you U.S. deteriorates to civil war, you can. Only the losers are tried for war crimes >:-] ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature