Re: Government at its finest

> > > =A0 =A0It is truly stunning, the amount of ignorance Bill can pull out of > thin air.

Watching right-wingers in action has its rewards.

I criticise John Larkin for putting forward an ill-founded proposition about the effect of minimum wage legislation, and cited a useful text on the subject

Card, D. and Krueger, A. B. (1995) Myth and Measurement: The New Economics of the Minimum Wage, Princeton NJ: Princeton University Press

which John Larkin snips out of his response, preferring to make the point that he pays his employees way over the minimum wage, rather than taking the chance to cite his own authorities for the opinion he'd put forward.

Mike Terrell then does hs lap-dog act, trying to attack me for being ignorant - presumably on the basis that I should have remembered (and believed) John Larkin's frequent claims about how nicely he treats his employees.

Since Mike Terrell couldn't construct a logical argument to save his life this wouldn't normally be worthy of comment, but since the point I was originally making was that John Larkin's was exhibiting a fair measure of ignorancy, the irony makes it worth a mention.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

Yawn. A mind is a terrible thing to lose, due to its non use.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

e:

t of

Mike Terrell is claiming to have had a mind, which he lost due to non use? Who'd care? The yapping lap-dog personality would be even less appealling if it had teeth.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

Bill, if you HAD a mind it was paid for with a rubber check, and has long since been repossessed. Aren't you supposed to be washing your wife's panties right now?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

For f*ck's sake you lot SHUT UP!! You're just like a bunch of squabbling kids!

Piss off with your puerile ranting and pollute some other group.

Reply to
warm'n'flat

Haven't figured out how to use filters yet?

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise