Re: GLOBAL EXTINCTION WITHIN 18 - 34 MONTHS

> Google doomsday psychology > > A lot of work has been done on doomsday/apocalypse psychology. But > usually in the direction of cults, not climate.

But environmentalism is a religion. It even has the concept of Eden ruined by humans.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

You don't have to read no book to picture some abstract concept you can go out and see it for yourself.

Reply to
bitrex

We won't have to worry about that much longer. One good thing about fracking is that coal usage is much less interesting economically. Once the coal power plants need major refurbishment, they will be replaced with something better.

Rick C.

+- Get 6 months of free supercharging +- Tesla referral code -
gnuarm.deletethisbit

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:32403d29-7d57-4720-a5b7- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Modern polymers are nearly all petroleum based molecular science.

One can make a 'plastic' from cannabis products.

One man did and he made a car from it.

Pretty sure it is also bio-degradeable.

DLUNU

Sleeping dogs and experiments in mass destruction should best be left alone lest they wake up and bark (or bite).

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Do you *seriously* believe all this rubbish??

Cursitor Doom

Just a little hyperbole by a justly-alarmed soul.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

And since just burning it would be a terrible waste of energy, convert cars and trucks to run off it! ;-)

Cursitor Doom

I think he does.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Apparently Mr. Hill does too.

Reply to
krw

You mis-read my post. I believe there's absolutely cause for alarm, you don't? While I don't see how mankind could be extinguished, it's easy to see how civilization as we know it will be severely damaged or even destroyed. First we lose hundreds of major cities to sea-level-rise flooding, suffer severe storms, extensive fires, unable to grow enough food for the billions of people, have massive wars over resources, a few nuclear explosions here and there, banking systems fail, internet stops working, etc.

I mean, once the major semi companies fail, Digi-Key goes away, I can't get special parts for my projects, and what's more, nobody cares, well, that's the end of civilization for me.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

It has already started. The BF862 has been declared obsolete. ;-)

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

I disagree. There is no reason to be alarmed. Temperature and sea level are creeping up a bit in this interglacial, and CO2 is good for the planet. Crop productivity is way, way up and still increasing. The coral will do just fine; it's survived for half a billion years already. The predictions of doom (like GLOBAL EXTINCTION WITHIN 18 -

34 MONTHS) are always absurdly wrong. Clearly the computer climate sims are fantasy.

And there's heaps of snow on the Sierra Summit.

lunatic fringe electronics

Fortunately the CPH3910 is even better, albeit with an inconveniently high I_DSS.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

They've been running that "months to live thawing permafrost" scare story for about 40 years now. Still no sign of it coming to pass.

Cursitor Doom

So that guy in the other thread that was worried about if he had enough bits to keep track of his motor revolutions, can stop worrying. :-)

Reply to
makolber

o=16:9

And this coming from an individual living in a drought stricken area, the s everity of which has not been seen for 3,000 years. Then the idea the arcti c can go ice free, which is expected summer 2019, without extremely serious consequences, inducing weather phenomena that don't even have a name yet, is beyond denial, it's plain insane.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

John Larkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

What the hell is that?

Reply to
DLUNU

It's you being old-maid school-marmy about spelling.

I suppose you didn't understand what I meant.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

When you talk about AGW it's very hard to tell what you mean. Or at least it is hard to understand your rational. "There's snow still, AGW can't be real!" Talk about thinking like an old-maid!!!