Re: floppy drive emulator hardware usb or sdcard

I was looking on the internet

> for the HARDWARE-replacement of old 3"1/2 floppy drives in > PC's running CDOS, version 1988, > or > PS/2-PC's, using MS-DOS NOT Y2000K, date set < y2000 > still used as programming terminals in the industry. > > ( CDOS = Concurrent Dos, > PS/2-PC is a dos-terminal in a public room, > the previous PC did disappear some night ) > > We have plenty of problems to read the floppies, > because the quality of both > - floppy drives > - floppies > is going down. > Also new floppies sold in the shop are often a problem .. > > If anyone knows hardware that can replaces a 1.44 Mb floppy drive in > the old PC's =< Pentium 2 PC's ? > > I would like to put my SD-Card or USB-stick in the front-panel > on the PC, > and read or write it as if it is the second floppy drive B. > > Is the next thing the only solution for my problem ? > > = = = = i found only this project on the internet : > >
> > jan 2008 > don't plan anymore to manufacture and sell this Floppy Emulator :-(. > > the developer on his french website says that a limited > production is going on .. > >
> Dernière minute: > Une fabrication d'une petite série de la version USB de l'emulateur est

en

cours de préparation. > Pour en profiter inscrivez-vous sur le forum. > > 18-03-2008: > Un reportage sur ce projet a été réalisé et diffusé par la chain

e NoLife ;-)

One possibility is a virtual drive. One, create a virtual drive in memory. Two, make an image of your floppy disc contents on a flash drive. Three copy the image from the flash drive to your virtual drive. Four, access the virtual drive just like it was a floppy drive.

For more information see:

And especially the link to a free floppy drive emulator.

Howard

Reply to
hrh1818

thanks,

and wikipedia shows the link to Semi-Virtual Diskette (SVD) - a vintage hardware floppy drive/image emulator.

: almost what i need .. but still not sufficient ..

it doesn't mention the classic

"ibm-microsoft" PC

Fons

Reply to
alfons de wolf

t en

aine NoLife

Out of curiosity what is the difference between the old ibm-microsoft and recent 3 1/2 inch floppy disk drives?

Howard

Reply to
hrh1818